Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Yes or No?

I recently bought the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish. If you're anything like me, you paint your nails every other day just about and always in a different color. I couldn't pass up this particular brand while at the store - huge displays were out in the middle aisles. It was only $4 and I was in desperate need of a bottle of yellow polish. I've had luck with other Sally Hansen products in the past, so I thought why not?

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Lightening" 

When I got home, I tried the polish out and needless to say, I was not impressed. At first, I only put one coat on my nails. The bottle advised only one coat; however, the polish was spotty and I could still see my natural nail color showing through. I put a second coat on only to have that coat bubble up. 

I then bought a super cheap bottle of Unzip Me by Pure Ice (for those of you who do not know of this brand, it's a fairly good sized bottle for $1.97). I painted my nails using the Pure Ice as a base coat before putting one coat of the Insta-Dri over them. This time it didn't bubble and it looks more like what was advertised. 

Overall, I do not recommend this brand. While only $4, there are plenty of brands out there that are cheaper, if you're on a budget, and work far better. The only thing this brand has going for it is that it dries within a minute or two. Other than that, it is a complete and utter waste of money that will leave your nails looking less than stellar. 


Pure Ice Nail polish





2 comments:

  1. Hm! So wait, you put two different colors of nail polish? Hm! I like this brand "china glaze". LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were both yellow. I just couldn't find a picture of the Pure Ice yellow I used ;). Ah! I'll search for it. I'm always looking to try new nail polishes! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete