Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Foundation on a Budget

I don't know if it is just me, but I have a terrible time finding foundation that works for me. I have tried nearly every brand ranging from high end brand names to low end brands you can find at your local drugstore. My favorite brand at the moment? Maybelline. When I was at the store looking for some new liquid foundation, it seemed I could only find large, round containers - nothing unique. Anyone who knows me knows that the packaging of a product is almost as important to be as the quality. Maybelline's new Fit Me! certainly stands out from the traditional bottles with its chic, rectangular glass bottle.


Maybelline's Fit Me! Liquid Foundation




It took several minutes, and several sighs from my guy friends, before I found the correct shade. As a general rule, ALWAYS try the foundation out before buying the same shade you normally do in a different brand. In most foundation brands, I am on the paler end of the spectrum but in Fit Me!, I am right smack in the middle.  For those of you newbies, you can find the right shade by rubbing a small amount into the skin of your wrist - whatever color blends in there will work on your face. 

Fit Me! has several things going for it. For one, the liquid foundation and powder are both infused with SPF 18. As a girl who loves going out in the sun during the summer, but hates the inevitable red rash of pain that appears on her face and refuses to leave the house without foundation; this is a must. 

Aside from the SPF, this foundation is very light and breathable. I barely notice I have it on! Trust me when I say that there is no worse feeling than that of feeling as if you have tons of foundation caked onto your face. 

The third thing I love about this product is, although it doesn't mention it on the label, it is as good as any waterproof brand out there. I went swimming with this foundation on and it didn't come off. I was amazed.

For a low budget, this foundation certainly does the job. In a later post, I'll write about the absolute best, although pricey, foundation on the market. 

Maybelline's Fit Me! Collection



2 comments:

  1. This is a good tip but how the heck am I going to try the shade if it is sealed? Hm! I like Maybelline,Revlon and Rimmel. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't sealed in our stores. hahaha. You just twist the top off and try it!

    ReplyDelete